STRATEGIC ORGANIZATIONAL CHART
Blue Water Area Chamber of Commerce
“To be a leading business resource in the Blue Water Area.”
“Promoting Blue Water area businesses by providing advocacy, education and assistance.”
2012 Board Objectives
- Membership Growth
- Financial Stability
- Bi-National Border Commerce
- Long-term – continue communication with MDOT and City of Port Huron to secure permanent location near the new plaza
3 Pillars: Advocacy, Education, Assistance
- Capitol Talk with State Reps (quarterly)
- Annual State of the County Address (1st Quarter)
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce Luncheon Presentation
- City Council & County Commissioner Candidate Forums
- State Reps Candidate Ratings
- Advocacy on issues affecting business
- Michigan Chamber Legislative Forum, Lansing (September)
- 2-3 Business Workshops per year designed to offer techniques and strategies to improve the bottom line. Quality programs sponsored by businesses so they can be offered to the business community at an affordable cost. Hosts annual Business Conference in the fall.
- Customer Service
- BEAT – Business Entrepreneurial Assistance Team comprised of business professionals in the areas of banking/finance, accounting, insurance, human resources, legal, corporate leadership, franchise ownership, and facilities/operations who provide business assistance and mentorship to members in need.
- Provide referrals to business resources, bank financing, state incentive programs, and local grant programs.
- FrontDesk Referral system, online business directory referral tracking, banner and mobile app advertising, are high tech ways to generate leads and drive new customers to our members
- Networking meetings twice per month and Business After 5 social mixers are a fun and easy way to build relationships, referrals and returns.